Monday, August 12, 2013

This is just the beginning.

So I guess I just started a blog... Which wasn't as easy to make as it looks. What a blessing technology is, why not take advantage and use it as a tool to share what we believe?
Here's a little bit about me.. My name is Tori, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, "Mormons". I just graduated high school (go jackrabbits!). Apparently I'm starting college next week....? Who know summer could go by so fast? I'm attending ASU with a beautiful scholarship, studying business law. Oh! and I guess I could let the secret (not so secret) out that I'm turning in my mission papers on the 20th of this month. WOW so extremely excited. But hey, I guess that's kinda the norm now with Mormon girls? Preparing for a mission has blessed my life incredibly. I really would suggest it for everyone. And when I say everyone I MEAN EVERYONE. Even if you don't think you'll go on one. When the mission age changed (girls could go out at 19 instead of 21) I said heck to the no way am I going on a mission. But as I prayed and studied my scriptures, I felt like I should prepare as if I was going on a mission and began to really dedicate myself to my personal gospel study. My testimony increased and look at me now! Some time went by and I guess I changed my mind, because by this time next month I'll have my call. It just goes to show that no matter what direction we think we want to go, Heavenly Father always has something five-thousand times better for us in mind. He knows us better than we know ourselves! I know without a doubt that going on a mission is what I am supposed to do. I know that Heavenly Father has prepared me throughout my whole life to go. I know that Christ died for us and lives again! I know that through him, happiness can be found.  I see so much pain and suffering in the world, people searching and not finding the truth that they need. I want them to know what I know, especially that they can feel peace, love, comfort, and happiness through Jesus Christ! The gospel of Jesus Christ continuously blesses my life and it's because of that that I want to share it with others. That is why I am going on a mission, to be the hands of the Lord here on the earth, to join the ranks and help teach the world the Plan of Salvation, and to testify of this gospel.
So enjoy my blogging! Or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment