Wednesday, August 21, 2013

finding strength

It's kind of an emotional week of ups and downs. One of my best friends is moving to Utah, another just left for his mission, my mission papers are getting turned in, I'm starting school in a completely new environment.. I feel like the list goes on and on. I am indeed a lover of change, but when a lot of it happens in less than a week it can be a little overwhelming. Fortunately for me, I don't have to go at it alone! John 14:18 says "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". This scripture has crept into my top favorites since a little over a year ago when I relied on it for strength when a best friend of mine was sick. Since that experience, my testimony of the Savior and his atonement has grown exponentially. Not only is the atonement used for it's cleansing power, but also for grace! Grace is the enabling power, the comforting power, strengthening power. Truly all things are possible through Christ which strengthens us (Philippians 4:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment