Sunday, August 18, 2013

Feels like I'm flying.

It's probably the most unexplainably amazing feeling ever walking out of the stake president's office having completed the worthiness interview and having all paperwork done and submitted! I'm grateful that I'm the cookie-cutter follow-the-rules type, (although I'm not perfect) I've followed the commandments and kept myself spiritually, physically, emotionally and morally worthy to serve a mission. It's the best feeling and gave me an idea of what it would feel like to stand in front of the Savior confidently.
By no means am I sharing this to brag about myself. I'm sharing it because it's proof that if we try our best to do what we're taught, what the prophet commands us, what our parents counsel us, then it pays off. Man it pays off big time, and the blessings are endless, the happiness is endless. Reaching the goal I've had for my whole life--to enter the temple-- is just around the corner. Conversion is a continuing process though, we always have to be studying, praying, serving, and getting to know our Savior better every day. True conversion and discipleship is beautifully mapped out in this scripture by Mormon "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life" (3 Nephi 5:13). We can take our conversion one step further: "When thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren" (Luke 22:32).
Ultimately, I want to live my life as the Savior would have me live it! I hope to draw closer to him, especially as I'm preparing for a mission.
Andddddd hopefully I can follow his example of patience as I'm waiting for my call to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment