Friday, August 23, 2013

an outing with the Elders

Yesterday I was privileged to go out to visit three families with the Elder missionaries! Knocking on doors and bearing testimony to complete strangers made the mission fire inside me practically explode. Teaching people about Christ and his gospel is what I want to do!! But let me tell you, you have to be ready to teach and ready to listen to the spirit to be a missionary. I have read through and taught the first lesson twenty thousand times in mission prep, but it still freaked me out when the missionaries looked at me and nodded that it was my turn to do the talking and bearing testimony. We have to do all we can do, then Heavenly Father will make up the rest with the guidance of the spirit--but, as my mish prep teacher always says, "the spirit can't draw water from an empty well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment