Monday, June 16, 2014

4//28/2014 Sister Johnson Email!

Yes, I am transferred! It is awesome here! Yes hot, yes so so windy, but it is amazing and the people are humble and my companions are hilarious! Sister Beagley is from St George, Utah and Sister Packer is form Layton, Utah. Sister Packer was in Apple Valley before this and came to this area with me and Sister Beagley has been here for 3 months in this area. They are awsome!!! We laugh alllll the time it is sooooo funny. But at the same time, we totally teach with unity and power and we have had so many little miracles this week!!! A trio companionship works the same way as a companionship. We are allowed to teach men alone because there is 3 of us, which is awesome. We are lucky because our apartment is pretty big!! Other than that it is the same. It is so fun to have 2 best friends that you get to labor diligently with and have a blast with! We are already unified and progressing. 
LOL FUNNY STORY IT IS SO WINDY HERE. I totally have to hold down my skirt all the time. So I will be investing in some leggings or shorts or something to wear under my skirts. We have a car, but our miles are so limited so we walk a lot and I love it because we get more exercise! Also, when you walk, you get to talk to more people and contact! The ward isn't huge, our bishop is hilarious, we need to help them be more missionary minded... Don't be surprised if bishop Lyon calls you up sometime and talks to you! He said he does that with every missionary here. 
This week was awesome. We had so many miracles!!!! We have a baptism this week! Ryan, he is 10 and he will be baptized on Friday! He is so sweet and I am so excited!!! I will send you pics afterwards!!! WE also have another investigator who wants to be baptized, her name is Kenzie. She has some hold ups, but she will get there! We also have an investigator named Jen, her husband is less-active. She wants to be baptized and sealed in the temple, but straight up doesn't want to come to church without her husband. Which stinks because he doesn't want to come. We also got a new investigator named Billie (she is a girl). She is the manager to our apartment complex and is awesome! She fed us lunch this week! 
It's a whole different world here in Hesperia. The people are different, the investigators are different, the scenery is different, there are pawn shops and thrift stores everywhere, it's all so random. I love it though. Really, this place is awesome, and I will bring you all here when we come back to tour my mission (assuming ya'll want to do that). We get fed well, the members are sweet and motherly, and the sun always shines. But it's all different in a great way! These people hunger and thirst after righteousness and are willing to get do whatever they can to get it!
I am so grateful to be here. I know it's where I am supposed to be!!! 
So this week I finished the Book of Mormon! What a great and rewarding feeling. I can say that I know without a doubt that it is true. Miracles can happen in our lives as we feast upon the words of Christ. When we read the Book of Mormon, we truly can "come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him...that ye become holy without spot." (Moroni 10:32-33)

Love you! I hope I answered all of your questions!
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment