Sunday, April 20, 2014

3/31/14

SPROUTS OPENED UP LAST WEEK SO WE ARE GOING TODAY AHHHHHH
Yeah I am still in training. Training lasts for two transfers- or 12 weeks total. They do that because they cut down the time in the MTC so much. So every morning I have an extra hour of study, to finish training me to be a missionary. So this coming transfer I will probably need to buy a bike. That is in a few weeks. I am supposed to have $450 for the purchase of a bike. Uhh heads up about that. I feel like in every email I am asking you to spend money on me. hahahah I am sorry.
Wow yeah the time has gone by so fast. I feel the same way. 3 months have gone by and in a blink of an eye it will be over. So sad. I don't ever want to leave.
Aww thanks for the update about Grandma. I will email her. prayers their way
 
THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME. We got 3 new investigators.
Nelsi- she is 13 and she has a baptismal date now. holla. But we will pass her off to the spanish sisters because her priamay language is spanish.
Sally- Sally has met with missionaries in a different mission 7 times, but had never been to church or read the BOM. We got the referral for her this week and have already met with her a few times, and we set a baptismal date for April 19 with her. AND SHE CAME TO CHURCH yesterday. She is legit. She pretty much accepts everything we teach. And is reading the BOM now and praying about it. And at church she was totally participating in class and taking notes and saying amen to what people said. And she introduced herself to the class and said "I am sister Sally". So cute. She pretty much acts like a member. She has 2 little kids and a husband so we need to get them on board as well. She is excited for conference next weekend and is planning on bringing something the the pot luck that the stake is having in between sessions. SUCH A MIRACLE.
The other investigator is Zaneta. She just got kicked out of her house and met some elders in a Denny's restaurant and they referred her to us. We have taught her a bunch of times this week and she CAME TO CHURCH TOO. This is exciting because getting investigators to church is the hardest thing ever. She even brought her 1  year old son. She is just temporarily in our area though because she is staying in a hotel, so it will be sad when she has to leave. Miracles have been happening with her as she has realized that God has a very specific plan for her and Christ has never left her side. She says the most sincere prayers and I can feel angels surrounding her and bearing her up. It's the sweetest thing. She loves learning, and is so humble and teachable. Her son's name is Jeremiah and he is ADORABLE.
 
Also. 3 Less-actives came to church. Angela, who we have been working with for a LONG TIME. she is the one with marriage problems. And Brother England came again. He came last week as well. We figured out that with him, we just have to text him the hymn numbers that we are singing in church a few days before so he can learn them. Then he will come! He just doesn't like not knowing the songs. It's awesome. And another Less-active came named sister Fergussen.
 
MIRACLES.  this week has been so different than previous weeks. The work is speeding up in our ward, we are going to need another set of missionaries in here. hahahahah! I LOVE IT.
 
Thanks for the picture of you in San Diego!! so pretty. The picture from Sister Hobbs actually came from me :) she let me hold her ipad and send it to you. Yay technology! hahahaha that was from the Women's conference on Saturday. all of  us sister missionaries got together and had a clothing exchange and dinner and then watched the conference. It was so good! it made me think of you- especially when all the mothers and daughters were singing together. so tender. I love how they talked so much about Covenants and love and being Christ-like and all that good stuff. It definitely gave me the energy boost that I needed!
thiings I loved from the conference:
"love each other more and love eachother better."
"ALL THE EASY THINGS HAVE BEEN DONE. FROM NOW ON IT'S HIGH ADVENTURE."
there is no age barrier in christ-like service
together with god, we are unstoppable
"As we keep our covenants, our insecurities and feelings of inadequacy will fade."
And my favorite thing that our mission president's wife said before the conference started was "There is no better training to be a mother than that of being a missionary. You will be raising Helaman's Army" I am excited. Excited to welcome in the Coming of our Savior again, excited to be a art of this work, and excited to labor in the Lord's Vinyard.
 
Love you!!!!!!!
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment