Sunday, April 20, 2014

April 14 2014

I am so glad that Charlie had a good birthday and that she is excited fro PROM. SEND ME PICS OF THAT. Shayla's wedding too. pics please! I love provo!
The transfer is the 21st of April. I have no idea if I will stay or go. I bet I will stay, my work doesn't feel like it is done here. Sister Respecia will probably go. 9 months in this area, she wants to stay, but she is preparing herself emotionally and physically to go. I will miss her! I will also finally be done with my 12 week training on the 21st of april! WOOHOOO. training is awesome and builds better missionaries. But I will be relieved for it to be over with!!!
Wow I am so happy that you finished reading chapter 6 of PMG. It's golden. My favorite section is the one that I studied this morning, on HOPE. None of us are perfect, and I am far from being Christ like as well. But I am glad that we have the opportunity to progress and grow and become more like Him each day.
Mother's Day- I don't know anything about anything. I will be sure to let you know when I know... I'll have to talk to president about that one...
Family prayers. That makes me so happy. I hope that you keep it up and continue. It will help solve many problems, and bring you all closer together.
Be friends to everyone new in the ward!!! They need the fellowship, especially that recent convert family! I love the hastening work.
hahaha I am so sorry that your chair didn't work out...... LOL

You asked if I needed anything/wanted anything? Wellll.. HMM Sister Respecia needs a black cap sleeve shirt from downeast basics! hahaha She lost hers and can't find it and was expressing to me that she wished we had that store here in Ontario! Idk if she is a Small or Medium! I would bet medium.
Oh if you want to send a german chocolate cake in the package I would be okay with that. hahahaahahah LOL.But seriously.  Or homemade cookies from lexi that are healthy. I miss those! or muffins!? ahahah will those things last??? or something yummy and homemade. a few cookies wouldn't hurt. You know what I like! or those raw chocolate bar things that are really small?
 
I don't have time to update you on our investigators. All was well this week though! I can see the hand of the Lord working!Since it is Easter though, I would like to share my testimony about our Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives. Jesus Christ, The Son of God, rejected and despised by man, actually walked this earth. He lived and served, was crucified, and then rose again. I know that because He overcame death, we will as well. Because of Him, we can live with our families forever. Because of Him, the broken can be healed. Because of Him, loss can be replaced with joy. And because of Him, we can overcome and do all things. I know Christ knows each one of us personally, and because of that, He knows how to succor us. Through Him, our burdens can be made light. Through Him, we can find light to illuminate the paths which seem dark before us.I know that Christ himself satisfied the demands of Justice. He suffered for our sins, our iniquities, our pains, so that we wouldn't have to. He was foreordained, chosen before the creation of this world to save all of God's children. His grace is sufficient to help us overcome our weaknesses. Through Him we can become strong. I know that His church is here on the Earth. Christ Leads and guides us through His prophet, Thomas S Monson. President Monson walks and talks in the way of the Lord, and if we will just be obedient, we can do the same. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is a book filled with the peace that our Savior can offer each one of us. Through reading this book and following it's commandments, we can find eternal life. I know without any doubt that it is true. I know that God speaks to His children. The proof of this lies in the experience of Joseph Smith- for He truly did see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ when he asked a souls searching question. I know that when we ourselves lack wisdom, we only need ask of God and He will unfold it unto us. This work is real! God is real. Christ is real. I love them both, and I love building my relationship with them.
We must share this message with others, for it can bring hope to all who hunger and thirst after righteousness!
I love being a missionary.
 
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment