Monday, December 2, 2013

Where has the time gone?

Dang. Tomorrow I will be 19. How psycho is that?!
I love reminiscing on the memories, looking back at how I've grown, seeing what I've accomplished, what has changed, who I've gotten closer to, and how my testimony has developed. Every year is a gift!
Special thanks to the ones I love, there's too many to name! Each person in my life, I believe, has been divinely placed for my benefit. I've learned so much from those around me, and I only hope that I can be an example to the ones I love just as they have been to me. 
This month is a good one. School gets over, Christmas comes, my farewell in church, Christmas lights, cold weather, family, food, fun, and the start of a New Year! 
There is only 43 days left till I leave to Rancho Cucamonga, and I'm thankful for each day. I have learned to cherish each moment, something I wish I had realized back when I got my call in September! 

Something I have learned form these short 19 years is to not be afraid. "Be strong and of a good courage, be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord they God is with thee withersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9
Knowing that Christ is always there for me, to make my burdens light, to cry with my, to laugh with me, to have joy with me makes all the difference. I'm not afraid of heartache, death, suffering, sorrow, and all manner of trials, because I know Christ died so I can live again. I know that this life is but a small moment compared to eternity. We will live again, with our families, and with God and Christ forever!
So here's to life- whatever it will throw at me for the next 19 years, and the next 19 after that- I am not afraid, and I am so grateful to be able to stand and boldly say that although life will be hard, I know I can find joy in the journey, but that joy comes from Christ. I know he lives, and I know he is our Savior! He atoned and died for all of mankind. 

"we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." Hebrews 13:6

No comments:

Post a Comment