Tuesday, September 3, 2013

All is Well

Never before have I felt the adversary push against me as much as I have in the past few months. Every day I get pounded with temptations and feelings of inadequacy. Satan tries to lead me to believe that I'm not good enough, or smart enough for school, or prepared enough for a mission just to name a few. But I consistently remind myself that I am a Daughter of God who loves me and I love him! I will never give into temptation, I will never let others control me, I will never let myself be influenced in a bad way, and  will let my light so shine so all others can see it and say "she truly is a daughter of God." I'm so glad that I've been taught to stand tall and courageously, and I know that I as continue to make the right choices, Heavenly Father will bless me with strength to overcome the power of Satan. I know he sends angels to be on my right and on my left to bear me up. And I know I can rely on the atonement of Jesus Christ as well as the Holy Ghost to lead and guide me! I know that satan is real, and although terrifying it may sound--he plays a major role in the Plan of Salvation.

“Wherefore, he maketh war with the saints of God, and encompasseth them round about.” (D&C 76:29.)

And he does just that-- he makes was on us saints. So if we are feelings his temptations, then we must be doing something right? I mean, why would he waste his time on someone who wasn't messing up his plan. Whenever we are preparing to do something good-- such as going on a mission, entering the temple, or even just going to church or doing baptisms for the dead, or something simpler like doing a service project or going visiting teaching--he does everything in his power to stop us! Joseph Smith said: " It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?" (JSH 1:20) 

"President Spencer W. Kimball has assured us that the youth of these latter days are chosen and uniquely called to come to earth at this time. They can find happiness and can achieve spectacular success through living the gospel of Jesus and do more mighty and wonderful deeds for God than any previous generation. “An awareness of the existence, the power, and the plans of Satan, together with a compelling and vibrant testimony of God, of the gospel, and of the plans of our Father, given through Jesus Christ, his Son, and living prophets, can help them achieve unprecedented accomplishments, which will affect their lives eternally.” Yielding to Satan’s influence always results in unhappiness and eventually in failure to achieve our purpose on earth, while obedience to God’s laws gives assurance of peace, comfort, and ultimate success." (http://www.lds.org/new-era/1975/09/the-adversary?lang=eng&query=The+adversary

(Also I tried to upload a picture from my ipad and it didn't work.. So here's the link instead)

No comments:

Post a Comment